LACRYMA CHRISTI DEL VESUVIO ROSSO DOC
Ruber, for the latins, was the red colour of passion. On the slopes of the volcano, where the fiery “rubra”lava descended towards the sea, a precious nectar ruby red is extracted from the vineyards Piedirosso. In that colour relives the passion of man and the power of nature.
Legend has it that God, by recognizing in the Gulf of Naples a strip of sky torn off by Lucifer during his fall to the underworld, cried and where his divine tears fell the Lacrima Christi vines arose. A noble wine of ancient origins where myth and tradition combine to give suggestions and emotions, expression of a rich and generous land.
- Classification: D.O.C.
- Production area: Boscoreale – Terzigno – Pompei
- Grapes: Piedirosso 85%, Aglianico 15%
- Soil type: Volcanic origin – sandy
- Growing system: Tendone and Espalier with Guyot pruning
- Vineyards altitude: 230 – 250 meters above sea level
- Exposure: South – South/East
- Harvest: End of September. Manual harvest with grapes selection.
- yield per hectare: 85/90 q
- Aging: 5 months in wood
- Alcohol: 13%
- Tasting Notes
- Colour: Red ruby
- Bouquet: Typical scents of ripe reds fruits.
- Palate: Round taste and persistent.
- More information
- Service temperature: 18-20 °C
- Food pairing: Roast red meat, game, strong soups, truffled foods and cheeses. Matured salami and all strong taste dishes.