POMPEIANO ROSSO IGT
The great eruption of Vesuvius buried Pompeii in 79 AD , and the Roman city slept under a blanket of lava, ash and lapilli for a sleep that lasted almost seventeen hundred years. A unique event in the history, because the fury of the volcano is not extinguished simply a civilization, but stopped forever the lives of Pompeians in a moment of everyday life.
Gestures and feelings of an ordinary day that would become eternal. The kiss of two lovers. The voices from the road and the noise from the shops. Love and despair, anger and joy, laughs and tears. Today the grapevines of the Vesuvius have their roots in the land where the fire imprisoned life and emotions of the eternal Pompeii.
- Classification: I.G.T.
- Production area: Boscoreale – Terzigno – Pompei
- Grapes: Piedirosso 100%
- Soil type: Volcanic origin – sandy
- Growing system: Tendone and Espalier with Guyot pruning
- Vineyards altitude: 230 – 250 meters above sea level
- Exposure: South – South/East
- Harvest: End of September. Manual harvest with grapes selection.
- yield per hectare: 85/90 q
- Aging: 6 months in barriques
- Alcohol: 13%
- Tasting Notes
- Colour: Red ruby
- Bouquet: Scent of ripe reds fruits with notes of cherry. Very intense, ample, complex and consistent
- Palate: Full, warm and enveloping.
- More information
- Service temperature: 18-20 °C
- Food pairing: Roast of red meat, game, strong soups, matured cheeses and salami.