LACRYMA CHRISTI DEL VESUVIO BIANCO DOC
In the vineyards that climb up to Vesuvius, grapes sparkle in the sun like grains of gold. Of a golden yellow colour that the ancient Romans called it “flavus”. Is the grape ”Coda di Volpe” from which we get a noble wine that is like “flava”lava of an eruption of flavours and unique sensations, the white Lacryma Christi of Vesuvius.
A wine with unique taste and ancient tradition, whose origins are lost in myth.
Legend has it that God, by recognizing in the Gulf of Naples a strip of sky torn off by Lucifer during his fall to the underworld, cried and where his divine tears fell the Lacryma Christi vines arose.
- Classification: D.O.C.
- Production area: Boscoreale – Terzigno – Pompei
- Grapes: Coda di Volpe 85%, Falanghina 15%
- Soil type: Volcanic origin – sandy
- Growing system: Tendone and Espalier with Guyot pruning
- Vineyards altitude: 230 – 250 meters above sea level
- Exposure: South – South/East
- Harvest: End of September. Manual harvest with grapes selection.
- yield per hectare: 85/90 q
- Aging: Stainless steel
- Alcohol: 13%
- Tasting Notes
- Colour: Straw yellow
- Bouquet: Typical of the natural Vesuvius flora and fresh white fruits.
- Palate: Full and persistent.
- More information
- Service temperature: 8-10 °C
- Food pairing: Soup and seafood appetizer. All fish and shellfish dishes. White meats and delicate cheeses.